Help community members get back on their feet by providing emergency food assistance and other resources.
- Multiple locations throughout San Diego County
- One-time or ongoing opportunities available
- Must be 13 or older, under 13 with a parent
ASSIST IN THE CORNER MARKET
Corner Market Volunteer
Assist individuals as they shop for their own groceries, answer questions about the shopping process, provide information on healthy provide choices, and check out groceries.
- Located in Kearny Mesa in the Community Impacts Building on the Joan & Irwin Jacobs Campus
- Minimum 3-month commitment, 3 hours per week
- Background check required
- Customer service and computer skills required
Kitchen Aide Volunteer
Assist with food prep and cleanup in the Loonin Family Kitchen, which helps maintain good health and maximizes independence for older adults.
- Located in Kearny Mesa in the Loonin Family Kitchen on the Joan & Irwin Jacobs Campus
- Shifts available Monday – Friday mornings
- Minimum 20 hour commitment
- Must be at least 18
Deliver warm meals and a warm smile to homebound older adults and younger disabled adults with the JFS Foodmobile, which has delivered warm kosher meals to San Diego’s homebound older adults and younger disabled adults for over 40 years.
Service Areas: College/Del Cerro, Hillcrest/North Park, Downtown, Tierrasanta, and La Jolla
- Pick up meals in Kearny Mesa
- Shifts available Monday – Friday 10:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Minimum 3-month commitment (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly routes available)
- Must be at least 25, possess your own vehicle
- Background check required
HOST A DINNER
Safe Parking Program Dinner Host
Help build a community of support for Safe Parking Program clients. Provide a meal and/or activity to people experiencing homelessness.
- Volunteers needed at both our Aero Drive and Balboa Avenue locations
- Must be available evenings from 5:30 to 8:00pm
Social & Wellness Food Servers
Serve lunch to older adults at our two Social & Wellness Centers – the College Avenue Center and Balboa Avenue Older Adult Center. Congregant meals offer a daily opportunity for older adults to connect, socialize, and exchange stories and smiles.
- Shifts available Monday – Friday, 11:15 am – 1:15pm
- One-time and ongoing opportunities available
- Must be at least 13 to volunteer without adult
Start a Campaign or Donation Drive for JFS
Celebrate a bar or bat mitzvah, birthday, wedding, anniversary, or other milestone by encouraging friends to give to JFS.
Aging Well Means Caring for Yourself on Many Levels
Helping San Diegans age with dignity is one of our main priorities. Services for older adults include Fix It home repair, Foodmobile meal delivery, On the Go transportation, Friendly Visits, and Geriatric Case Management.
Tikkun Olam in Action
With volunteer-driven programs like Jewish Big Pals, JFS fosters meaningful ways for members of the Jewish community to live out our shared value of Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) in service to each other and the greater San Diego community.