Teen Leadership Requirements
- Attend bi-monthly leadership meetings
- Volunteer with JFS at least 3 times during the program year
- Complete at least 2 donation drives to benefit JFS, one of which must be a food drive
- Present or arrange a presentation at your school or other community group
- Work with a small group to create a project to benefit your community
- Groups will be made based on collective topic interest
- Meetings in the second half of the year will be dedicated to this
To be eligible for service awards and hour verification letters, participants are expected to:
- Fulfill the above requirements
- Have no more than 5 absences throughout the program year
Meetings will take place at Jewish Family Service on Sunday afternoons unless otherwise noted. Some of the community events may begin in the morning.
September 8, September 22, October 6, October 20, November 3, November 17, December 1, December 15, January 12, January 26, February 9, February 23, March 15, March 29, April 19, May 3, May 17, June 7
*Meeting dates and times are subject to change
The application deadline has passed.
Application to the program does not guarantee acceptance.
Upon submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email, and if considered for the next stage, will be contacted for a short interview. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis.
Teens will be notified of their acceptance by mid-August.
If accepted to the program, there is a $300 non-refundable program fee for participating. Financial assistance is available upon request. Fees are used to cover all program expenses including:
- Program supplies for monthly meetings and projects
- Food and drink for all program events
- Program T-shirt
- Awards and certificates for the year-end event